A recent car accident claimed the life of 71-year-old Susan Elizabeth Rector.
The Car Accident
According to police, the car accident occurred near Scottsdale and Osborn roads. A man driving a Buick turned left from Scottsdale Road on to Osborn Road and hit the Mazda SUV that Rector was a passenger in. The driver of the Mazda was treated on the scene. The driver of the Buick, an elderly man, suffered only minor injuries and was treated at the hospital. Rector was taken to Scottsdale Healthcare Osborn Medical Center with possibly life-threatening injuries, according to Officer David Pubins, a spokesman for the Scottsdale Police Department. She passed away at the hospital as a result of her injuries.
Speed and Alcohol Ruled Out as Factors in Car Accident
Pubins said that neither speed nor alcohol appear to have been factors in this crash.
Safe Driving Tips to Avoid Car Accidents
While speed and alcohol were ruled out as factors in this crash, it’s important to remember that there are numerous safe driving tips you can follow to help ensure your safety on the road. Here are a few:
- Remove all distractions that take your attention off the road. Such distractions include cell phones, applying makeup, and fiddling with electronics.
- Don’t drive drowsy. Pull off to the side of the road or have a friend drive (if possible) if you feel you are sleepy behind the wheel.
- Always wear your seat belt.
- Practice extra caution on bad weather.
- Do not tailgate the car in front of you.
- Make sure your car is well maintained - this includes not only regular engine checks, but also lights, indicators, and windshield wipers.
- Practice defensive driving. Always stay alert to what other cars are doing around you.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you need the expert advice of lawyers such as those at Personal Injury Attorneys PLLC.