If you or someone you love has been involved in a motorcycle accident in the state of Arizona, you may have cause for legal recourse and financial compensation. The skilled personal injury attorneys at Personal Injury Attorneys PLLC are here to review your case to determine the appropriate action for achieving just compensation. The process of recovering damages after being injured in a motorcycle accident can be frustrating and convoluted. As an injured motorcyclist, it is essential that you know your rights and align yourself with a personal injury lawyer that is an expert in handling motorcycle cases. We are committed to representing your case to recover losses incurred from medical bills and property damage as a result of a motorcycle accident. In the case of a motorcyclist’s Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance not covering the extent of their losses, an injured rider may struggle to pay any excessive medical expenses.
What Are My Options if I Have Been Injured in a Motorcycle Accident?
Speaking with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys will help you understand your options to build a viable claim for compensation of medical bills and/or additional damages by:
- Collecting and reviewing accident reports
- Collecting and reviewing police records
- Analyzing witness testimonials and contacting key witnesses
- Analyzing the scene of the accident
- Analyzing damages and documenting the accident scene
- Reviewing medical reports of injuries
- Contacting insurance companies on behalf of your case
- Investigating the driving history of involved motorists
Understanding How the Process Works after a Motorcycle Accident
At Personal Injury Attorneys PLLC, our attorneys are well versed in the specific laws governing motorcycles, which differ in many ways from those pertaining to car accidents. We will assist you in formulating negotiations with the negligent party’s insurance agency to formulate a settlement that will recover the costs incurred as a result of your motorcycle accident. Depending on the level of cooperation with the negligent party’s insurance company, you and your attorney may then pursue further legal action. There are multiple forms of motorcycle accident claims that can be filed, and understanding what type of accident you have been in will assist you in obtaining greater legal success. Your personal injury attorney at Personal Injury Attorneys PLLC can assist you in determining whether your motorcycle accident falls under the category of:
- Negligence: The most frequent type of motorcycle accident lawsuit resulting in another drivers failure to properly operate their vehicle or to abide by accepted driving laws and standards. Defendants may be drivers who are intoxicated, reckless, passengers, cyclists and pedestrians.
- Liability from Manufacturer: Accidents and injury resulting from a manufacturer’s defect, whether it be from design, labeling or product malfunction that originated during the manufacturing process. Examples of accidents caused by manufacturer liability are defective tires, faulty brakes, accelerators and malfunctioning fuel systems.
- Road Design: When motorcycle accidents occur based on poor maintenance of roads, road construction, design or defective road features. Examples of past lawsuits for road design include uneven surfaces, incorrect signage, poorly designed or placed barriers, guard rails, speed bumps and medians, improper design of embankments, poorly designed intersections, crosswalks, illumination and traffic flow.
- Wrongful Death: In the case of the loss of a loved one as a result of another’s negligence, the family and survivors of the victim may have legal recourse. An attorney can support the surviving family members to assertain negligence on the part of the other driver.
Important Factors that Influence Your Motorcycle Accident Case
When you are in a serious motorcycle accident, you may be affected on many different levels that range from bodily harm, disability, loss of wages or the compensatory damages that go along with the destruction of property. Examples of compensatory damages, otherwise known as economic damages that your attorney may attempt to obtain compensation for are:
- Current and ongoing medical expenses that include hospitalization, surgical procedures, doctor visits, emergency room visits, medication and assistive devices.
- Wages lost as a result of recovery from time lapsed between the injury and lawsuit conclusion.
- Loss of earning ability when a victim’s potential to earn a living has been adversely impacted by the affects of the accident.
More difficult to quantify are the non-economic losses suffered in a motorcycle accident that often include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Loss of marital benefits or consortium as a result of the accident
- In the case of a defendant operating under malicious intent, punitive damages may be administered as a form of punishment
Common Types of Motorcycle Accidents in Phoenix, Arizona
Motorcycle accidents are most often associated with negligent acts such as:
- Swerving and cutting off cyclists
- Failure to yield
- Insufficient space between vehicles
- Failure to see motorcyclist maneuvering between lanes
- Not paying attention to other drivers or road conditions
- Driving while intoxicated
- Accidents caused while making left turns at an intersection
- Misjudging the speed of the motorcyclist
- Abrupt stops
- Following other motorists movements without seeing motorcyclist
Contact Us – Motorcycle Accident Attorney Phoenix
Because motorcyclists are so exposed to the elements and have such insufficient protection, their injuries and damages are often extensive and may include serious head trauma and spinal injuries that can result in paralysis and brain damage as well as fractured bones, neck injuries, amputation, severe scarring and even death. If you or someone you know has been injured in a motorcycle accident in the state of Arizona, let one of the personal injury attorneys at Personal Injury Attorneys PLLC assist you in obtaining compensation for your losses and damages.
We are familiar with the many challenges victims face as a result of personal injury from a car accident. It can be difficult dealing with resultant injuries and the extensive damages suffered, and following an accident, victims are commonly left with questions and concerns regarding how they can successfully obtain compensation. There are many complicated insurance claim stipulations that require an expert personal injury attorney who is well versed in the laws specific to automobile accidents in Arizona…..Read More
If you or someone you love has been involved in a motorcycle accident in the state of Arizona, you may have cause for legal recourse and financial compensation. The skilled personal injury attorneys at Personal Injury Attorneys PLLC are here to review your case to determine the appropriate action for achieving just compensation. The process of recovering damages after being injured in a motorcycle accident can be frustrating and convoluted….Read More
Are you the victim of a pedestrian accident, having sustained injuries from a car or motorcycle? At Personal Injury Attorneys PLLC, our personal injury lawyers will review your case and support you in recovering compensation.
With our experience dealing with personal injury cases specific to pedestrians, the attorneys at Benjamin Wright will perform extensive research on your behalf by interviewing witnesses, reviewing police reports, accident reports and medical records as well as recreating the scene with photographs….Read More
If you or someone you know has been injured in a truck accident within the state of Arizona, an attorney from Personal Injury Attorneys PLLC can assist you in recovering compensation for damages and losses. Filing a lawsuit against a company or individual in the case of a truck accident can be challenging. Our personal injury attorneys are here to help you navigate the confusion so that you know your rights and are backed by experience and expertise in dealing with these types of claims….Read More
- - Mary M.
I would like to thank you and your entire team for all your efforts in getting my case to settlement. It has been a long, stressful journey and...I could not have asked for better legal representation. You are not only extremely good at what you do, but you are also a very compassionate and nice person. I have the highest level of respect for your dedication to representing the victims in personal injury cases like mine.
- - Diane D.
When the attorneys at Personal Injury Attorneys PLLC represented me, we were not just a number, we were family. They really cared about what I was going through. I could not have asked for better people to work on my case.