Just like regular drivers, there are great truck drivers and terrible once. But it’s interesting to know that statistics show that over 72% of accidents that involve trucks are the fault of the other vehicle. There are safety tips that you should know when sharing the road with big-rigs.
Safe Driving Around Big-rig Trucks
Here are some safety tips for driving around trucks :
- Avoid the truck’s blind spots - there are numerous ones on a big rig.
- Tire blowouts happen a lot - and when they happen, chances are the truck will begin swerving. Try to keep your distance at all times.
- To properly pass a large truck, pass as quickly as possible (on the left side, when possible) and hug the outside part of the lane.
- Give truckers as much room as possible - this will help them be able to see you better.
- Trucks make wide turns, so make sure you are not in a place where they can collide with you - such as the right side when the truck is turning right.
If you or a family member have been injured in a truck accident, you need the expert advice of lawyers such as those at Personal Injury Attorneys PLLC.