Investigators are still looking into how a pedestrian was killed after being struck by a semi truck.
The accident happened early Thursday morning on State Route 347 south of Chandler. The pedestrian was struck and killed by a semi truck heading southbound on SR 347 just north of Maricopa, according to Timothy Case of the Arizona Department of Public Safety.
Personal injury lawsuits are usually brought when a person feels another person was negligent in his or her actions. In this case, since there is so much information that needs to be determined, it’s hard to know if the pedestrian or the semi-truck driver was at fault. Drivers are considered negligent if they neglect to do the following:
- Pay attention to his or her surroundings
- Adhere to all posted speed limits
- Yield at stop lights and cross-walks
- Properly use turn signals
- Adhere to all Arizona state traffic laws
A pedestrian can be considered negligent if they do the following:
- Run out in front of cars
- Illegally jaywalk
- Fail to use designated cross-walks
- Ignore pedestrian signals at traffic lights
- Fail to pay attention to surroundings and traffic situations
Often times drivers of cars are able to argue comparative negligence for these kind of behaviors.
Working with an Attorney
If you have been involved in a pedestrian accident you should contact a personal injury attorney. An attorney will conduct a thorough investigation of the accident and build your case based on the accident specifics. They’ll be able to get you settlement money that can help pay for any medical bills or lost income due to time spent in recovery.